The IPDS Kit will enhance your HP Laserjet to a real IPDS printer, which is connected to network using an internal HP JetDirect print server.
Just plug into a free slot of the printer and then it works. The IPDS Kit completes your network printer for IPDS/AFP applications. Using such multi functional printers you will lower your costs and administrational work.
The IPDS configuration, like for example tray control and margin properties, you can directly control at the printer control panel. Network connectivity is given by the HP JetDirect print server and the IPDS DIMM Kit converts the AFP/IPDS data streams. Connection to an IBM Host (AS/400 or S/390) is given through TCP/IP.
That guarantees optimal data transmission und full printer control at least to the ready print job.
Advantages of the IPDS kit
- Native IPDS emulation
- HP Qualified 3rd Party Solution
- IBM emulations: 3112/3116, 3812/3816, 3912/3916, 4028, 43xx, InfoPrint
- Seamless emulation switching between PCL, PostScript, IPDS and transparent ASCII
- 240 and 300 dpi resolution
- IBM 3812/4028 Raster resident fonts
- Outline resident fonts
- Margin adjustments
- Directly supports bi-directional PPD/PPR Host protocol via HP JetDirect print servers