For barcode printing from Windows applications and in combination with macros, you can use the MS Word Forms & Field Installer.
The ELP Barcodes Technical Reference Manual does describe all sequences and gives help for SAP DeviceType modification
ELP supports different modes for barcode printing:
- Industry standard (also for SAP) described below or here: Barcodes with ELP PCL Compatible to HP "HG271FS" or "HG271US"
- Cobra Box , emulates the barcodes of the Cobrabox. Further details can be downloaded from www.cobrasystems.com
- Brother bar code emulation
- PSi Printer bar code emulation
- Postscript (Own way of printing)
- Kyocera Prescribe emulation
- Proprinter Data stream (PPDS) emulation
- sos8026x, emulates all barcodes and MICR, OCR fonts of the stethos product: http://sos8026.stethos.com
- HP US Barcode fonts, emulates all HP bitmapped and scalable fonts in the intelligent way. Compatible to HP "HG281 xx" products
- Canon scalable barcodes
- Xerox scalable barcodes
In addition ELP supports OMR marks generation for all major envelope inserter machines.
If you want to use a bar code as a watermark in a form, then you should have a look into the provided Microsoft Word application: "Forms & Field Installer.doc" available in the start menu. You may also use it in order to generate the hex based escape sequences, needed for SAP DeviceTypes, in order to modify or generate new Print-Controls.
Related articles: ELP Barcodes Technical Reference Manual, Barcode Key Description, MS Word Forms & Field Installer, Rule Assistant, Add key to rule